A few weeks ago, we talked about the different Virtual Assistant Tasks a VA can do for their client. In this article, we uncovered that these tasks can range from simple activities like email and calendar management to advanced ones like digital marketing and even accounting tasks. Our blog this week will still talk about VA tasks specifically: data entry virtual assistants.
Before we jump to this topic, let’s give a brief overview of what a VA is.
A virtual assistant is formally defined as an independent contractor whose job is to provide certain administrative services to their client. VAs usually work in a home-based setup and are given access to the tools, files, and systems necessary for them to function (e.g. calendar, email, documents, CRMs). Their popularity is attributed to the fact that they are not as high-maintenance as in-house or full-time employees.
Data Entry Virtual Assistant
A DEVA is simply a VA whose main responsibility is to enter data into their client’s computer system. Their job is further broken down into the following tasks or data entry services:
- Prepare data by making sure they are categorized according to the client’s requirements (e.g. alphabetical, according to last modified, location, etc.)
- Fill out company files or transferring information to certain documents
- Maintain or control documents or company records
- Handle patient details or medical history
- Create spreadsheet reports
- Encode customer or client contact information
- Ensure that work done is accurate and free from error
Needed Data Entry Skills
As data entry virtual assistants handle big data and should be very detail-oriented, their needed skill sets should center around accuracy and productivity.
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm (time-sensitive jobs, however, might require 80-95)
- Attention to detail
- Strong administrative background
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Capable of multitasking
- Excellent time management skills
- CRM or software knowledge
What Forward BPO Can Do For You
Forward BPO is a bpo company australia with over 10 years of experience in outsourced services such as data entry. We guarantee at least 30% cost saving by helping our clients set up their own team without the hassle of paying for recruitment, training, quality assurance, and reporting. We have the talent and technology to help you move your business in the right direction—FORWARD.
Contact Us now to get a free quote or to discuss in detail how outsourcing can be good for your business.